We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

broadband packet loss data

sneaky4343

Likes # 0

Is packet loss data from your broadband one of the main reasons why download speeds suddenly drop below 0. something.

The reason i'm asking this is i did a line checker test this morning and i getting 100% packet loss and 0.22 download speed.

any ideas thanks.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Did you do a Tracer or MTU test, because if you did, and they were showing a 100% loss over a number of readings, then this would perhaps show a problem that your ISP might want to know about, if you are having a speed problem.

To find out more about this type of thing. Check out http://www.kitz.co.uk/sites/site_index.htm

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance