We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sony AD-5260S-0B or Sony AD-7280S-OB DVDRW drive?

PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Hi people,

I hope you can help. I am just about to buy a new internal DVDRW drive (the one in my tower has had a door/tray malfunction and despite numerous attempts to clean it, the tray just won't open 8 out of 10 attempts).

Anyway, I have spotted 2 but not quite sure what the difference is and hope you can clarify for me.

They are Sony AD-5260S-0B and Sony AD-7280S-0B.

Thank you for any help you have. :)

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Apart from the number they have the same specs. It could be that the AD-5260-0B is an older model.

Like this post
PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

PC_HelpMe

OEM products are generally supplied to PC builders, and normally come without manuals, install discs, boxes etc.

I would also expect a Sony OEM product to be supplied without a manufacturers warranty, so if the boxed product has more than one year warranty you should go for that

Like this post
PC_HelpMe

Likes # 0

Thank you - I may just go for the 5260 model then which isn't the OEM one (if I have understood what you have said alan14).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014