We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Web pages sometimes do not load

douglas1973

Likes # 0

I am using IE9 in Windows 7 Professional. Frequently pages will not load (blank page). I have scoured the internet (and your forum) but have not found a solution to the problem which appears to have started at least 7 years ago and is very prevalent. This seems extraordinary to me. Surely there must be a solution?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Try Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on your keyboard and see if it makes any difference.

It should tell you that the dns cache has been flushed.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Other things that may stop them loading is your security programs.

I used Emisoft anti Malware and if you clicked on a bad site it would block it.

Do you use the likes of WOT for the indication of bad sites.

Also your security settings in I/E make sure they are set to default.

I take it it is not the same as this where your home page gets changed.

http://www.aboutblank.com.au/

Maybe you have changed your Host File and no longer use the windows version.

Maybe let us know what Security programs that you have as one of those might be the problem.

If you get one particular site you can go to where you know that you get that problem.Switch your Firewall off temporary then go to that site and see if it opens.

Like this post
douglas1973

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman for all your trouble. I have tried your first suggestion without success. Can you please elaborate on exactly what I need to do? I will try uour other suggestions soon.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if it is Tools.Internet Options.Security,And set them all to default is what you are looking for.

Or if it is ipconfig /flushdns If typing that into command prompt you need to leave a little space between the ipconfig / and the forward slash for it to work.

All programs.Accessories.Command prompt.

Like this post
douglas1973

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman for all your suggestions and patience - much appreciated . Last Wednesday I noticed that my hard drive was making peculiar noises and was over heating so I was compelled to replacing it for a new one. Bought a Hitachi 1GB for £99.99 - a few weeks ago I think it would have cost a third of the price if it were not for the floods in Thailand. As you no doubt understand the hard drive replacement caused a lot of hassle despite the fact that all my documents,pictures, videos, etc. were backed up and I am only now back to almost normal. The one positive outcome of virtually starting all over again is that I no longer have blank pages in Internet Explorer! (I have not yet summoned the courage to upgrade to version 9!).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?