We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is it the Good Price for this Laptop

johnathann

Likes # 0

I am in urgent need to buy a Laptop to give it as a gift to my son. I was looking for the best deal to buy from. I saw a deal from the site Latestchoice which sells Samsung 400B4B Laptop with £40 OFF. I have checked other sites and came to a conclusion that It is the right one for me. Please tell me your suggestions as soon as possible. The Offer may close at any time.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Consumerwatch from the business forum.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

All your click here does is take you to a site with no security ratings so I would not personally buy anything from a site like that.

According to this it is a Notebook and not a laptop.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-400B4B-Notebook-Windows-Professional/dp/B004QH948W

But at least you get free delivery.

Like this post
johnathann

Likes # 0

Hi buteman,

Still there is a confusion among many about the difference between Laptops & Notebooks. Because while looking for laptops in different manufacturing site I noticed the usage of Laptops and Notebooks. Those manufacturer which used the word Laptop didn't use Notebook for any of their products.

Someone say that Notebooks has less features with slim design while Laptops have high configurations. But as a consumer we are not able to sort out which is a Laptop and which is a Notebook based on configuration. So it doesn't matter for me whether it is a Laptop or Notebook.

I personally feel that it is up to the manufacturer to decide whether it is a Laptop or Notebook.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

You both may be confusing Notebook & Netbook.

The terms Notebook & Laptop are largely interchangable, but Netbook describes a smaller machine with normally 11" or less screen, low powered (usually Atom) CPU, not optical drive and normally a cut down version of Windows 7 called Starter Edition.

regarding your choice, if your Son doesn't need the Pro version windows this Samsung laptop from John Lewis has a better spec

http://www.johnlewis.com/231395833/Product.aspx

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

How about this from Dell

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes