We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bank spam mails

beeuuem
Resolved

Likes # 0

I received this today. Although one of many, and they are always deleted courtesy of Mailwasher, I did rather like the "deliberate" mistake.

Hello dear member,

Your account is suspended due to the number of incorrect login attempts.

For your protection, we've suspended your account . To reactivate your account please download the document attached to this email to review your account activity. If not completed until November 31, we will be forced to close your account .

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Engrish as she is spoken.

Like this post  
beeuuem

Likes # 0

The bit I particularity liked was 'If not completed until November 31, we will be forced to close your account '!!

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I am constantly getting these from banks some of which I have never heard of let alone my own bank and others I do know of. Also they are to an email address my bank or any other bank has knowlege of. All of my banking transactions where an email is required are to a dedicated address that is not used for anything else. Regarding spam emails offering me millions of £/$ these are quite amusing particularly spelling and grammar.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added