We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anyone used http://www.overclockers.co.uk

Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Hi my mate just ordered a 2k pc from them wondered if anyone has used them before?

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

rdave13 my advice was put it all in the box and ring customer service when their open.

It was a cable. that had come loose. CD know working.

I was rereading their procudt description and it says - 8 Hours stressed tested and quality controlled

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Jameslayer the reason the graphic cards are not in place may be because in transit those cards are so big they can put a lot of strain on what is a fragile part of a mobo.

As for a cable that can work loose at any time, maybe even when some one is attempting to replace a card.

If I build a pc for any one I always take out the card and replace it at their house.

It's a 2 minute job to replace them once they have arrived at the destination, was there any info with the pc as regards cards not being in place.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Good question, carver, about the paperwork that came with the PC. Seems,then, the warranty being void if the PC's case was opened is long gone. A good thing In my opinion.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

At once upon a time 'stress testing' was taken into consideration as an added bonus when a computer (usually expensive one) was being considered or purchased. And perhaps more akin to the old days, than now?.

But it then became apparent, that 'stress testing' was just a practice of turning on the machine and leaving it on all day (if at all?), in the hope that something didn't fail. The failure of most computers is perhaps well known nowadays, and its a case of the item will or will not fail possibly some time in its life, whether that is in a few hours, years or never. Compatibility or configuration of parts is a different matter, but that as become more easier over the past years, with the increase of 'better technology'!.

There are a number of diagnostic or 'stress' tests that can be downloaded from the internet, and some of these are provided from manufacturer's or perhaps from eBay as 'Technicians Tools'.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

well it went back turns out the mobo had failed. Was redelivered yesterday, Well seems the case was damaged in transit. Strangly enugh the pc is suffering from exctly the same faults that it had before.

My mates determined that he will have this PC. They promised him early collection and that it will be dealt with straightaway as it was damaged in transit. My advice tell them you have no interest in a pc that has arrived broken twice and that they should send you a new one out which can be delivered when they collect the broken one.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

D@ve

It was very clearly stated as an Intel new CPU startup message, as far as the motherboard goes it was not new and had been in use for some time with a slower speed Intel CPU and lastly no it never did overclock

Cheers HC

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad