We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Anyone used http://www.overclockers.co.uk

Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Hi my mate just ordered a 2k pc from them wondered if anyone has used them before?

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

I've used them for buying components and up till now service has been first rate, even faulty stuff has been dealt with very good service and very quick turnaround.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Haven't used them myself, but they use to have some good reports on this forum. You don't seem to see them mentioned much on the forum nowadays though.

Tried to do a forum search, using the search box, but ended up with the Microsoft advert?.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

I used them once a very long time back when the first appeared on the internet, I paid a premium price for an Intel pentium processor which was said to be tested and guaranteed to be overclockable, it came in a box with the seal broken but when fitted into the motherboard and booted up it opened with an Intel splash screen announcing something like "Welcome to the first bootup of your new Intel processor"

So I have never used them again

Cheers HC

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Cheers. Must be nice to have over 2k to splash on a new pc.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

T0SH, surely that would be a sign that it was the motherboard's first boot, and that the CPU could very well have been tested previously. Did it actually overclock well?

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Dve that makes sense.

His PC came today like he paid for. But they havnt fitted his graphic cards. He seems to have all the boxes and paperwork he should have. I have left him in his room fitting the graphic cards wiill let you all know how it goes.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-174-OE link to the comp he bought. He has opted for 2 580s.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

well update after ,iuch faffing the 2 graphic cards are in. thnen after more faffing got pc to get past the splash screen. To find cd drive doenst open.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Check inside the case to see if the Power Cables are connected ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Jameslayer

Spending that amount of money on a PC and having to faff around would make me contact customer services straight away and politely complain about their 'poor' product.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)