We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Compare smartphones

exdragon
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi - I want to change my old Nokia 6300 for a more up to date one. I've read loads of reviews but wonder if any of you can offer any comments. So far, o2 have suggested the Nokia 700, while Carphone Warehouse have gone for the HTC Wildfire S or the Samsung Ace. Apparently the Nokia uses Symbian which someone else has suggested isn't as good as Android - as for me, I haven't a clue!

All offer 200 mins for calls to landlines and cross networks, unlimited texts, 250 o2-o2 calls and 100mb data. These limits are fine for me. I'm staying with o2 as I have their broadband and home phone.

I don't want to download films and suchlike, basically I just want a more modern handset and to be able to use the email facility. I've also got a iPod Touch for all my music etc.

The charge is £18.50 (I'm currently paying £15.32) but I don't want to go down the route of paying £30-odd for an iPhone etc.

Any personal comments would be appreciated.

Like this post
johnathann

Likes # 0

I would go for Samsung Ace as it the Android Phone. It looks stylish and have all the feature you have requested for.

Like this post  
exdragon

Likes # 0

Thank you - I've just got back from buying the Ace and it's charging even as we speak.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...