We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need advice on buying a computer.

iWolfy
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I'm Jimmy.

I'm a university student but I'm also a big Gamer and multimedia person. Never owned a decent pc... laptop im using right now still runs Pentium for gods sake. So now that i actually have a job i want to buy a laptop. I know the usual craic about if i'm looking to game i should spend my money on a desktop rather than a lappy. Now while this is a fairly good argument, my counter is, to buy a desktop means me sitting in my room for about 10hrs a day if i want to do anything computer based. So to not be anti-social towards my family, i'd much prefer a laptop.

So my question really is. To do all of the basics, to have a decent multimedia machine and to play older/less demanding games such as Minecraft, ESIV: Oblivion, SW: KOTR etc... do you guys think this is a good choice as it is roughly about the right amount i want to spend.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/ASUSN53SV-SX635V1102616.html

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2410M Dual Core (2.3GHz, Intel Sandy Bridge Architecture, 3MB Cache, Intel Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR3

HD: 640GB 7200RPM (Not too worried about HD size, i work off EXT HD anyways)

Graphics: Dedicated (NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M with 2GB DDR Dedicated Memory)

Optical: BD Reader/DVD RW

If you guys could suggest any better deals for around the £600-£700 mark i'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

Better deals?

Take a look at this machine:-

click here

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...