We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Looong warranty?

Mr Mistoffelees
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have just been on the AMD-ATI website, checking for a driver update. Whilst there I noticed a graphics card being advertised with a "double lifetime" warranty.

Does that mean they guarantee it will last twice as long as it is designed to?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

It might mean it will work if your playing 'double life' (1947 film) grin

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Mr M - it seems obvious to me. They mean that the card will last for your entire lifetime and that of your children.

Don't forget to leave it to someone in your will!

;o)

Like this post  
dmolnar

Likes # 0

Pineman100, I am sorry about this on this thread but the Powerpoint thread was locked. The issue you were having about the Presenter View grayed out. The ONLY answer I found so far, unless you have. Is to create a black presentation and copy the slides over. Odd way it's this way but it "fixes" it. More of a workaround. Maybe a compatibly issue, don't know. This is the way I have used. Hope it helps.

Dan Molnar

Like this post
dmolnar

Likes # 0

Again I am sorry for invading this thread.

Pineman100: This is how to fix it (grayed out prest. view), Go to the Slide show tab, click on the setup slide show. three radio buttons in left upper corner. Choose NOT INDIVIDUAL but Presenter. The Presenter view is now available. and in the right bottom check the box or click OK and the box is now available to check.

Your Welcome! Dan Molnar

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My 30 pounds shoes lasted 3 months...the lifetime of a gnat!

Like this post
Pineman100

Likes # 0

Dan Molnar

Thanks for taking the trouble to let me have that information, although Mr Mistoffelees may be a little unhappy to have his thread hijacked!

However, under the circumstances, let's hope he'll understand.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......