We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

is there a recession on or not as shops dont want to pricematch internet

frankie

Likes # 0

went into 2 shops today for a camera,jessops and john lewis,i know i can get camera online at amazon brand new for £215,john lewis was £229 asked do you price match they said no as did jessops £249,try to support your local high street shops and they dont want your monies,hmmm,hence will be shopping online for all pressies,

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Covergirl

All that glisters is not gold

Like this post
frankie

Likes # 0

pound shop packed solid,with brand names in good dates,good to see in norfolk,further to first post re camera bought it online with free 16gig card zapped high street,overheads or not if i was shop manager in high street i would offer incentives,on managers discretion,i used to when i had my time at jessups in 2005

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"i had my time at jessups in 2005"

There's a chain of camera shops called Jessops.

"if i was shop manager in high street i would offer incentives,on managers discretion"

Well you would if you could still make a profit on your overheads, otherwise you would soon bankrupt your business. Do you not understand anything about how retail businesses work? You can safely assume that if a High street shop could match online prices and survive, it would presumably be doing so. Some businesses with superior purchasing power can indeed do that, but they are few and far between, for the reasons I've already mentioned.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

One day many of the high street shops will disappear and is already happening.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)