We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cougar Extreme Computers?

OpToCo

Likes # 0

Can I trust Cougar Extreme Computers? & Do they deliver to Republic of Ireland?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Bought from Cougar Extreme. No major problems although they did supply a slightly different component. Look through the threads for them.

For RoI - why not ask them?

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like a No for delivery.

Q8. Can I get an item sent outside the UK?

A8 . Unfortunately Cougar-Extreme can only deliver within the UK

Like this post
OpToCo

Likes # 0

But in their PC Configurater, you can select the option "Scotland & Ireland Delivery" Not sure in NI or RoI.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Send them an email, then you might find out how their customer care is, before you decide to make a possible purchase.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

R.o.i is not in the uk.So I would say no to that.

Give them a ring or contact them by e-mail and see what they say.

Like this post
OpToCo

Likes # 0

They sent me this

Dear *

The delivery charge for outside U.K mainland covers the Republic of Ireland aswell as Northern Ireland.

Many thanks

Daniel

Tel/Fax: 0115 951 9995 Email: [email protected]

Address: Cougar House, Church Lane, Bulwell, Nottingham, NG6 9AD

Opening Times: Mon-Fri: 9:30 - 18:00 Saturday: 9:3 - 16:00

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

No major problems although they did supply a slightly different component.

Just watch for that.Sometimes if they are short of parts they will use a substitute without telling you.

Sometimes the substitute is a better part but they should tell you and sometimes they don't.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 1

I am a Cougar customer and have had a good system for 3 years now. As Buteman says, watch out for part substitution sometimes. Build quality good and after sale service fine if needed.

Like this post
shellship

Likes # 0

I can echo iscanut almost exactly.

Like this post
daveeb

Likes # 0

I also had a major component changed (motherboard) without reference to me first. The board has since proved to be faulty so i'm not best pleased about the outcome. They also sent the pc without the OS key (partly my fault for not noticing at the time)and ended up having to buy another licence off them when i had to reinstall windows. That said their customer service is better than most, e-mails are answered fairly quickly and phones picked up after a few rings. Personally i would probably use them again (with an eye to the issues mentioned above).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?