We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Gaming PC Advice (Professional or Experiance Knowledge Only Please)

Edemardil

Likes # 0

I have been running games on my laptop since I moved outside of my country (Left the Xbox 360 home) so I figured it was time to buy a new PC that I can game on. I run LOTRO (lowest settings) fine on this laptop but playing games like Portal 1 and 2 and other Steam games (I want Skyrim pretty bad and Dead Island) is almost impossible. I think the Total War series works fine for me and even that´s on lowest settings. So, I'm not on a huge budget and I am sure most anything will run better than what I've got now. Here is what I was looking at. Do you think any of these three would be good for holding a few games (at least 10)like LOTRO full specs, Skyrim full specs, Portal 1 and 2, L4D, Amnesia (which I still cant play because of specs) Dead Island or are these low end PCs with low end systems?

Cal

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"(Professional or Experiance Knowledge Only Please)"

This is free advice computer forum - you don't get to pick who responds to your question.

It might help if you provided us with some information about "these three", so we can comment.

Like this post
Edemardil

Likes # 0

Sorry all! Here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/6hlx5cz

RE: Mr or Miss Forum Editor, That was a polite way of saying 'If you do not know what your are talking about, please do not reply' though You are 100% correct with your less than polite response. I assume that because it is free advice I can also post what I want in the thread and title as long as it isn't outside the lines of the TOS? None the less thanks for the spot check on the link.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Edemardil

[I can also post what I want in the thread and title as long as it isn't outside the lines of the TOS?]

Of course you can but whether you would get any response may be a different question.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

My response was factual, not less than polite.

This is a computer help forum, contributed to by people who give freely of their time. Neither you nor I have any way of knowing whether responses come from people who know what they're talking about.

Your link doesn't work, by the way.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Link works for me. Order from,United States | Canada | China.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

buteman

That's interesting. I've tried the link on three machines in Chrome,IE9,Firefox and Safari, and all of them produce the same result, which is 'Unable to open the web-page at www.dpbolvw.net'

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nope it starts with this.http://www.newegg.com/

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

dpbolvw.net is part of the redirect, and will be blocked for anyone using the mvps HOSTS file.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer