We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can i exchange my camera, within a month of purchase if unhappy?

wildlifewendy

Likes # 0

i purchased my Canon eos 500D two and half week ago now, after getting it home i found it has no image stablization on it, Whilst in the shop, i was going to go for the 550D, But because the 500D had two free lenses, fancied that, asking the salesman if either camera was better than the other he said no they were more or less the same, Because i have an problem in my hands, i need image stablization,and am finding it difficult to stop camera shake, Since owning my camera, i have rang Jessops(place of purchase) and spoke to the salesman explaining my problem,twice now i have rang him, He suggested a few ideas that may help, but not really working, Can i exchange the 500D for the 550D? thus giving me the image stabilization i need,

Like this post
OpToCo

Likes # 0

You could make it "faulty" ;)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Other makes of DSLRs such as the Pentax K-7 do in fact have image stabisation built into the body"

Quite right,they do, but I didn't mention it because we're talking about a Canon camera here.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

If you do decide on another lens for your cannon then you could try this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sigma-AF18-200mm-3-5-6-3-Stabilizer-Selected/dp/B000NOSCGM/ref=sr14?ie=UTF8&qid=1319616600&sr=8-4 in my opinion a far better lens than the cannon and it will give you the Optical stabilisation you require.

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

The moral of this story is to fully explain your requirements to the shop assistant.

If the assistant then advises a particular model, you have a much stronger case for returning the item if you follow their advise and it subsequently doesn't fit the bill.

Jessops is probably one of the few remaining chain shops with knowledgeable staff who are capable of giving sound advise if they know all of your requirements.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today