We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lithium Ion Batteries - just a comment.

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

I must say I'm less than impressed with these Lithium-Ion batteries which I've been hyped up to believe are the best thing since sliced bread (of the battery world) with no "memory effect".

I was let down 2 weeks ago on holiday, but I put it down to me not charging the phone fully before setting off. That same evening the battery was asking for charge.

I have given the phone several discharge/recharge cycles since then. I thought I had it charged fully at 3.30pm yesterday but after an hour of radio yesterday afternoon it was down to 15% again this morning. (Now that might be because I left the wi-fi accidentally switched on.)

The battery is only just entering its 10th month as I bought it in January this year. Switched on 24/7 and used for a few games for anything up to 2 hours per day but not every day. All apps switched off unless required.

When not fully charged and the phone is left for 10 minutes and then switched on, the indicator says it is almost full but the bar drops quickly and asks for a charge.

When it is charging, it gets to 99% then takes ages to get to 100%.

Looks like I'm going to have to purchase a new one as the phone (LG GT540 on Android 1.6) is still working fine.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Certain factors and conditions have to be maintained it seems, when it comes to lithium-ion batteries. According to these people - brain drain effect - research in design and manufacture are continuing.

Certainly sounds like your battery is slowly leaking voltage - I take it you are using the correct charger? TC.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

This information is important too for li-ion batteries. TC. charging criteria

Like this post  
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Moved to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...