We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Freecycle or Freegle?

One Old Git

Likes # 0

Both these seem to be concerned with finding people who would like thngs you no longer need or use. There is one branch of each where I live. Should I use one rather than the other or might I just as well join both?

Like this post
mobing

Likes # 0

you can join both i think ,a bit difference between the demand of them ,so you can have two account for your stuffs !

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Freecycle originated in the US and spread to Britain.

When the UK side wanted a bit more autonomy the parent group refused and started removing people from office.

Those people set up Freegle.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

You can join both and there's also Realcycle which seems to have more members in my area than either of the others.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

The problem is now that the original concept of offering an item so that someone else can make use of it has been somewhat overshadowed by those people who are obtaining items just so that they can then immediately put them up for sale on Ebay. Not really playing the game.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

BT is right. Usually, when I offer something, I wait for a few requests and try to pick the most genuine one. Not always easy and not 100% but I try.

Like this post
One Old Git

Likes # 0

Thanks folks for your helpful comments. Much appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded