We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Decent customer service.

gengiscant

Likes # 0

I am the first to complain if I get poor customer service and unfortunately I believe poor service is the norm these days. But on this occasion I must compliment Scan Computers for the excellent service I received this week.

My OCZ SSD hard-drive failed this week so I contacted Scan and got a Returns Authorization Merchandise (RMA) number and posted the drive Monday morning first class signed for. Just for a change Royal mail delivered the item the next day, Tuesday, that afternoon I received an email confirming the fault. Thursday morning I received the replacement.

Well done Scan.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

I can add to that......

I ordered five components from Scan (first time I've ordered anything from them)on Monday morning, and they arrived at the agreed time on Wednesday morning in perfect condition. They kept me up to date on the order status with emails, and I'll definitely buy from them again.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

gengiscant, glad you had good service. Another one for my bookmarks. Makes you wonder about these SSDs, though, got mine from Crucial, as you know, and they were reconditioned.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

rdave13

Over the years I have had experience of virtually every component of a PC failing, so why an SSD should be looked at any differently is a puzzle, these things happen. As for the Crucial SSD, it is a reputable company but even they cannot guarantee each and every SSD not to fail. You take your chance with the pretty good deal as you would buying any refurbished product.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my last component to arrive from Ebuyer, so I can start building my PC. I ordered four components from them on Monday morning, three of them arrived on Friday, and the final one has been sitting in a delivery van at the local depot since Friday night. Hopefully, it'll get here tomorrow, and I can't complain because I opted for the 'within five working days' delivery option. Will I order anything from them again, though? Not sure........

In retrospect I would been much better off ordering everything from the same site, even if it did cost me a few extra quid.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Armchair I tend to get all my components from Scan as I get free next day postage which can save quite few quid. I do use Ebuyer on occasion and like you usually take the free 5 day postage, but I must say,without exception everything has arrived long before that. I suppose it might have something to do being a regular customer.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

Preferential treatment for regular customers, eh? I'm not likely to become a regular customer if they treat me like a second class citizen on my first order.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes