We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Online IT &/Or Computer training courses with recognised Certifications

Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Hello

I want to be able to do some kind IT training course/s from home via online. They must be of a well known organisation like NVQ, MSCE or Comp TIA. I looked at one called Home Learning college but they mention EDI which I have never heard of.

Can someone point me in the right direction maybe recomend a online website who may have something for me. I have my ECDL but that was years ago now and I am rusty but its the more deeper IT i want to be involved in but paced one step at at time.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 1

Hi Audio~~Chip, Learndirect could be a starting point for you Audio~~Chip, they have courses on Windows XP Professional MCSE, Windows 2003 Server and Cisco to name a few. http://learndirect.co.uk/browse/homeofficeit/

There is the Open University, if you want to go down this indepth route. http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/atoz/allcourses.htm

I have taken course with both providers in the past and, found them to be good.

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Hello Recap

One thing about delving into these courses they may be too advanced to soon? I did buy the XP MCSE Desktop technician books and they scared me, a lot of it was about Networking as in corporate networking. Though I will have a look into these.

Thanks Recap, its a starting point for me. Oh, and i did do my ECDL with Learn Direct many years ago. I am not sure that I can go on a Learn Direct course now as I am Self Employed but can check this out also.

Cheers

Steven.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I think that you'd be better off at the local College, to start with anyway.

If you sign up for one of these Home Study Courses, you may be legally tied to a £3000.00(or thereabouts) fee, with no way out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...