We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Know How Contact Information (Tech Guys)

RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Hi I wonder if you can help me I'm not going to explain all the bells and whistles of this topic but I want to make a complaint to the The Know How guy in charge of the organization?

Thanks

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Bump

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

If as you say it is a minor problem, then why not save all this hassle etc by just paying to have the fault dealt with rather than have this drag on and on ?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I've just returned from a trip,and haven't had a chance to take all this in. Leave it with me for this evening, and I'll offer some advice later.

Thanks for your patience - I know you emailed me about this a couple of days ago, but I've been inundated. I promise I'll get back to your thread as soon as possible.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Thanks FE hope you can sort this out.

As said trying to get hold of the next of kin is proving useless.

Thanks

Rob

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Bump

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Bump I have emailed the F/E but not had a reply!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have read the sorry tale of this and feel for you but I suspect that the Tech Guys are within their rights. They need proof of the death and the transfer of ownership to you. It is a pity that ownership on the warranty wasn't transferred immediately when you bought the camera. Your problem is with the executor of the seller (whoever that may be - could be a solicitor) and I suggest you try and establish who the executor is. If the death was some time ago then the executor may have completed his or her task but you should still be able to get them to send a death certificate.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

I've tried to get this "death certificate" but nothing at all, the FE was going to help me out here and he promised he'd get back to me to sort this out for me.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Looks like you might need to accept defeat on this, and put it all down to one of lives experiences.

Because if the deceased person's relatives are not going to assist you, and Dixon's Know How are sticking to the terms and conditions, then there's little more you can do!.

Its a case of a Gesture of Goodwill by all parties, and at present, you are totally reliant on that, and it doesn't appear to be working!.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just to clarify something it is not the deceased relatives who can or cannot help but the executor of the will (that may or may not be a relative) and it is that person's responsibility to sort out the estate including any claims on it. However this has gone on for some months and I suspect that you may have to do as spuds suggests and that is accept defeat. Regrettable this is one of the risks of buying used items on ebay.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......