We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Know How Contact Information (Tech Guys)

RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Hi I wonder if you can help me I'm not going to explain all the bells and whistles of this topic but I want to make a complaint to the The Know How guy in charge of the organization?

Thanks

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Hello this is an update.

The Chap who I brought the camera off has since passed away and I've been trying to arrange for a warranty repair to clear up a minor problem with my camera.

I have all the receipts and documents that he sent to me when I brought the camera.

When I phoned the Knowhow Peeps they said I'd have to write to the Customer Contact Center to explain the problem that I wanted to get the details on the "What Ever Happens Agreement" this I did and I had not heard nothing.

I decided to investigate this and I emailed john.browett@dixons.co.uk and I got a phone call not long ago to the Guy who's dealing with this.

He's insisting that in order to get this camera sent back for repair I need a the owner or someone with the powers that be to write to Customer Contact Center to get the details changed over to mine!!!

How the hell can I do this when the guy has passed away?

Please can someone help me!!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

If you got a receipt when you bought it from him that should be enough.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Dixon's/KnowHow are only safeguarding themselves, so they would want positive evidence regarding the camera.

On October 5, 2011 @ 11.36am, you stated that the son was going to sort it out. What happened?.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Hi Spuds

The son was going to sort it out and explain from their side what he feels, I had a hunch this would be all sorted but I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Waiting for the FE contribution here.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Can anyone make sense of this:

Dear Mr Charles,

Thank you for your email to our Chief Executive, John Browett. As previously advised, I have been authorised to respond on his behalf.

Further to our conversation yesterday and your subsequent email, I write to confirm our position regarding your claim for a free of charge repair of your Sony camcorder. Having considered the circumstances of this claim, I must advise that we cannot repair your Sony camera because we do have a contract with you to do so. The product support agreement details you have presented are in the name of Mr Chapman and we have no authority from him to offer you a repair service.

I note from our conversations that the policy holder has now passed away. In order to transfer the agreement to you, we will need the request in writing from the policy holder's next of kin or attorney, including a copy of the death certificate. I have spoken to Mr Chapman's son after you passed him my contact number, and he informs me that he does not have the authority to request a transfer of the Agreement details to you. Please note that unless we receive the required authority to transfer the agreement details to you, we cannot repair this camera.

I acknowledge that this is not the answer you were hoping to receive, but trust that this clarifies our position on the matter.

Your sincerely,

Oisa Ohiorenoya Customer Action Team

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"Can anyone make sense of this:"

What it would appear to mean, is that the son hasn't the authority or powers of attorney to deal with the matter, or possibly he just doesn't want to get involved for whatever reason.

On that basis, Dixon/KnowHow have saw fit not to provide the service offered on the warranty, as per terms and conditions and transfer. If the warranty is 'ring-fenced', then you could try the insurer, and see if they would consider a 'gesture of goodwill'. You would need to read and understand the warranty, so as to consider this, or further action.

Alternatively, you could ask Consumer Direct for further advice http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk and see what they might suggest.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

That I did await to see what happens I've also emailed the FE on this too hear of this opinion.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Bump

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

The Power of Attorney, if one even existed, would have "died" when the donor died. Assuming that the deceased made a will, only his Executors can act in the administration of his estate. The ecexutor(s) may be family, friends or a solicitor. You need to find out the name(s) of the Personal Representatives i.e. the Executors in the case of a will being left or Administrators if no will was left and deal with them.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Bump FE can you help?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...