We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung Support Question

RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

My Samsung Hard Drive has developed a fault showing bad sectors on the device and I need to return it. I brought it 3 Years ago from Ebuyer so obviously can't send it back I phoned Samsung today and they said to goto SamsungHDD.com to fill the request there but I'm not sure what to do.

Any tips?

Thanks

Rob

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I have checked the SamsunHDD site and doubt they will be able to help. I think your only course of action is to see if you can get someone to open up your laptop and replace the HDD. I would suggest you try a local computer shop not one of the big boys and if they can help, get a quotation not an estimate for the cost in case it is unrepairable and then you shoudn't have to pay. It may be the cost will be more than a new laptop.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suggest that you start with the warranty check Samsung HDD warranty check

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Code 103 The product has been brought in from outside of this service region and cannot be serviced. Please contact your reseller or distributor.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I think it means you pays your money and makes your choice. If you are lucky you may be able to get the laptop repaired. There is the point if you have a Factory Image on the HD you will have to buy a copy of Windows which may make the decision to buy a new laptop the cheaper option.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Contact ebuyer.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Enote sent

@Eomanby Its not a laptop a desktop!!!

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

Sorry my error. After 3 years I feel you may be banging your head against a brick wall making a claim, but nothing to lose. At least replacing a HD in a PC is not too difficult. Make sure you set it to Master. You may be able to install the faulty unit in the PC as a slave and move some of the dats elsewhere.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July