We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best selling site?

rickf

Likes # 0

Hi, Where would be a better place to sell my Acer Tablet apart from eBay? They charge a Final Value sale price of around 10%. On top of listing fees, Paypal charges it would be well over £30. On trying to list this item for £260, the final value chrage was £27 alone. Any suggestions appreciated.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

rick i sold an item on ebay some time ago i felt i was robbed by them! they now charge 12% thats a fee that is not including the price of your advert! ive found Gumtree or Preloved to be great and free! BUT be warned gumtree has a lot of scammers asking you to send the item abroad! if you can see through the smoke you'l be fine on them sites..

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm going to check these out myself.

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Gumtree is international whereas Preloved is more uk based, i prefare preloved ONLY cause there isnt many scammers on there..

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

OK thanks.

But I do so hate that preloved Americanism, it ranks right up there with have a nice day and missing you already...

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Thanks guys, will have a look at Preloved. Ebay has becomevery expensive. Not worth selling anything unless you are desperate. Daylight roberry it is. Worse than a certain Mr. Turpin!!!

Like this post
Autoschediastic

Likes # 0

Rick myself and my wife had an Ecommerce business that failed due to no financial support from the goverment, We have quite a bit of stock left like Vicunia wool jumpers alpaca hoodies & such as, i want to put them on Ebay but i really cant justify their fee's anymore! last year i sold a iphone & i was forced to pay £46 for the sale of it.? yeah ok i made just over £300 on it but come on..

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

My sister in law seems to get quite some success in selling items through Facebook. You'd obviously have to have a lot of friends.

Like this post
lindastone6020

Likes # 0

how about selling your Acer computer on amazon? maybe the charger is less there.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...