We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how much is my laptop worth?

gregovo

Likes # 0

got a 2 and a half year old sony vaio vgn-ns20z with 4gb ram and 2gHz processor, battery been run near flat only lasting about an hour and start up time is significantly longer than originally but running speed difference is negligible. £600 new when bought new and need to sell but dont know where to start :S any help would be much appreciated

cheers Gregor

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

You can try eBay but I think that finding a Buyer at any price will be difficult. Particularly as a replacement battery will cost, not far short of, £100.00.

p.s. Are you sure that you have that number correct as that Serial number does not come up on any of the battery Sites that I visited.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Have a look on Ebay for similar machines and you will get a rough idea of the expected price.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Sorry wee eddie, we must have been typing at the same time.

Like this post
gregovo

Likes # 0

thanks for the advice, cant find similar machines but got the battery serial number (vgp-bps13/b) and the battery costs around £50. would it be better for me to purchase this and sell or just sell on its own? and how much do you think I should aim for?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Buy a new battery and give it to your Mum, you'll get better value that way.

Like this post
gregovo

Likes # 0

cheers wee eddie, gifting will have to be the way forward.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes