We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A timely reminder of a new non-emergency telephone number 101

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

Apparently this 101 number is to encompass all of England and Wales by January 2012, in an attempt to cut down the number of unnecessary 999 calls to the emergency services. Look out for notification in your area. TC. non-emergency number

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

No good for me - I'm right on the border of Surrey and need their police, fire and ambulance services but I have a Londinium telephone number so all calls go to the wrong lot of services.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Like wiz-king we have problems with the wrong routing of 999 calls as we have a West Lothian phone code yet stay (just) in the Central Scotland Police, Fire and Ambulance Services area. Mobile emergency calls are even worse. I used my mobile to report a fairly large blaze in woods nearto us. I was 'routed' to the Fife Fire Service!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

lucky1

Never mind.

When Big Eck gets it through we will all be on big happy family, with just one police force and one fire service!

A crofter ringing to report a dead cow on his land in Shetland will get an immediate response from Glasgow!

Like this post  
Border View

Likes # 0

Its 111 in Co. Durham where this scheme was piloted

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features