We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

All in One printer

interzone55
Resolved

Likes # 0

My HP Photosmart C6280 printer has developed a fault that I can't seem to get fixed, so I'm looking for a new printer

Ideally I'd like something that uses the HP 363 series cartridges as I have a few stockpiled, but I'm willing to buy something else if the price is right.

It's a while since I bought a printer, so I'm a little out of the loop, so what's the best value that has the following

all in one, printer & scanner (no fax required) Low cost or compatible cartridges, would rather just buy ink tanks rather than the whole head networking (wired or wireless, but wired would be better) duplex would be good, but not essential a little screen would be good, but not essential I'd rather not buy a lexmark, as they're cheap but the ink is expensive

ta very much

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Might be worth the quid it costs for a trial period with Which? Printers

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

In the COOP today and they are selling an HP one for £29.[Now they were selling another one at £49 but I am sure it was the HP one that was the cheapest]. I believe it is a 3 in 1.

Got to be cheaper buying that than new refills.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

In the COOP today and they are selling an HP one for £29.[Now they were selling another one at £49 but I am sure it was the HP one that was the cheapest]. I believe it is a 3 in 1.

Got to be cheaper buying that than new refills.

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/products/productList.asp?topGroupCode=COMP&groupCode=PRINT

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

buteman

Thanks, I'll have a look at that as we have a Co-op supermarket close by. I do need networking though as we have computers in two rooms so need to print remotely.

I was just looking at an HP printer in the reviews part of the site that you can email print jobs to, that may well be an option http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/printing/3298634/hp-deskjet-3070a-review/?zk=printing

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Have a look at the 8180.

Uses the same inks as the 6180 (363 series), but I'm not sure about the 6280.

I've finally got fed up of HP software and moved to a Canon pixma 6150.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Thanks, a little bit more than I want to pay, but it does use the same ink cartridges

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Update

I bought an HP Deskjet 3070A as reviewed on PCA, I have to say that the setup was really easy, and it uses HP's E Print service, so you can email documents to the printer from anywhere and they'll be printed by the time you get home, it also integrates with Google's Cloud Print service so you can print direct from the Chrome browser from any PC.

Now we get to the weirdness. My previous venerable Photosmart C6180 made it's journey to landfill because the Magenta print head failed. Guess what, the magenta cartridge in the new HP printer steadfastly refused to work despite numerous cleans.

So back to PC world this morning and I swapped it for a Kodak C315, this also has the cloud & email print feature, and the setup was equally easy, and the magenta ink works...

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance