We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

When something goes stupid we tend to say'Blame the French

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Well this time it can only be the French that can do this.

I cancelled my EDF electricity account - terminating 31 March last.

Since then I have been expecting the final statement, until to day that is with in the post a stroppy final demand- as if I had been ignoring previous correspondence

. Then to cap it all a new account number which will not respond to all attempts to access- unless I register that is- to make a final payment.

Meanwhile they seem to be undergoing a system upheaval and are impossible to get through to on the telephone.

I could I suppose simply send a cheque with the reference to the new account number and trust it ties with the old account.

But I distrust this course of action with the possibility of the fund disappearing into some irretrievable pot.

What would be the recommended course of action?

Like this post
Bald Eagle

Likes # 0

Come over to France and deal with these companies! A blooming nightmare! two years to get rid of France Telecon when I changed providers.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Well it seems not only the French

Baald Eagle - this morning looking at my mail I have two posts from PCA on this topic one posted a minute after the first both from you.

But when looking at this page you sent it only the once.

Anyways up - Earlier this morning- whilst the rest of the EDF clientele were still tucked up this Saturday morning I tried the automated system once more.

It took 5 goes punching account number, then selecting a plastic, then punching in account number and the system dropping out partway through- when i heard a feint voice saying Helloo Hello- A people- At EDF- and Lancashire lass as well- we spoke- she got my detail, and my account number and my card number and the amount to pay.

FREE AT LAST

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...