We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best tablet to play mp3's?

GRC

Likes # 0

I am thinking of using a tablet or similar solely to play music via my hi-fi. having successfully added a bluetooth receiver I have been using my Cowon S9 to play my collection of mp3's. The sound quality is quite good, however the screen is very small so really what I am looking for is a mp3 player with a 7"+ screen! Does anyone have any recomendations for this?

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Use an iPod. Waste of an iPad to use it just for music!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

GRC -I was thinking of collating all of music information onto one place, and all of my actual music into another place.The separation might be useful.The actual organization will be quite time consuming...but worth it.

Like this post
GRC

Likes # 0

Can you elaborate AitchBEE..?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

GRC - I have many hundreds of CDs and CASSETTE tapes and LP's.(Over 40 years collecting).I have converted about 2% of this into mp3 files.My aim is convert all of my music media into mp3 format,and store it on a big capacity hard drive. The information - like artist,song title, year, etc, I might put on an e-reader.(my friend just got a binatone Readme). It looks good, and would hold all of the relevant info. Basically all of my music stuff, in two places.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Creative Zen W Vision is a really good one up to 32g.

Like this post
GRC

Likes # 0

rickf: Interesting, but still a bit small and no bluetooth?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite