We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New gaming pc advice!

flynnmichael81

Likes # 0

Hi,

Thanks to an upcoming student loan I am going to be investing in a new gaming PC. I have around 1800 pound to spend on a complete rig, including monitor. If anyone has any suggestions on a good gaming PC for my budget I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Have a look at wired2fire I recently bought a new gaming PC from them and have been pleased with the product supplied.

Like this post
flynnmichael81

Likes # 0

Thanks for the advice. Below is a rig I assembled on another site, can anyone tell me if this is good for the price? It comes to 1750 pounds. Also I am not sure if these components would work well together.

Antec Twelve Hundred case Intel Core i7 2600K overclocked @ 5Ghz Asus Sabertooth P67 (Rev. 3) motherboard 8.0GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (2x 4GB) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 3GB Corsair H60 Water Cooler 2TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s 850W Corsair HX Modular Asus 23" VH238T LED (2ms)

Are there any problems with this setup? Do I need more power? more ram? or a better graphics card?

Thanks in advance for any help

Like this post
flynnmichael81

Likes # 0

sorry for the double post but my pasting in of the stats didn't work so well... here they are again...

Antec Twelve Hundred case

Intel Core i7 2600K overclocked @ 5Ghz

Asus Sabertooth P67 (Rev. 3) motherboard

8.0GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance (2x 4GB)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 3GB

Corsair H60 Water Cooler

2TB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

850W Corsair HX Modular

Asus 23" VH238T LED (2ms)

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

I have a similar system to this, all I would say is have you considered a SSD drive as your boot drive? I have 120Gb Corsair ssd with 64 bit win7 Pro installed and it has given a fantastic speed boost to OS loading. I coupled this with a 1Tb Samsung spin point HDD as my data drive.

As you will be using a 64 bit OS 8Gb of Ram is adequate (I went for 16Gb)and went for the GTX-580 as a graphics card.

Price seems good I paid £11692 for my system.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

That should be £1692 :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...