We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TalkTalk line rental £9.50

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

If you pay 12 months in advance for your line rental through TT, it works out at £9.50 per month. BT did that over a year ago too.

Great, eh? Otherwise it goes up to £13.80.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

I've just received that offer too, Covergirl, and will be paying the £114 required on the 1st of October. From the company's point of view, I can see this should help to retain subscribers full term, but in the current economic climate it is a generous offer. Hopefully more may come in due course. TC.

Like this post  
spuds

Likes # 0

I haven't received the offer yet, but that is possibly due to me having a rolling contract, and informing TalkTalk that I do not want to be tied to them, due to past problems?.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

spuds

I'm also on what they call a "out of commitment" contract, but once I sign up to this Value Line Rental offer then all will be contracted to TT for 12 months from the joning date. Should you wish to opt in to VLR then I would think just signing up would place you on it - unless TT have placed a marker against your name. TC.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

TopCat

You are possibly correct about the new 12 month contract, hence my concern about looking into this offer, which as to date as not been offered to me.

Due to previous ongoing problems with TalkTalk, I now have direct contact points with 'higher level' management. But that in itself as caused both positive and negative responses in getting problems resolved. Perhaps holding my allegiance to TT for a contract period of a further 12 months, then arguing the point if things go wrong, is perhaps not worth 'saving money' on offer?.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Virginmedia is just over £14 just now which I think is a bit of a rip off and their actual phone charges when you use it are the same .It is cheaper using a mobile than using their phone.

But if you want to take a package out with them the phone is part of the package and if you don't want the phone they still caharge about the same amount for the package without the phone.

So just a win win situation for virginmedia.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

I am with talktalk and out of the tie in period, not had the offer but would prefer the option to give a months notice now than save a few pounds.

they provide very good speed. only disappointmeant they closed down their very helpful call centre in ireland would have preferred if they shut down their dreadful one in india.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......