We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Free PC Advisor not supplied.

rtwoi

Likes # 0

In March I took up the PC Advisor offer of a free copy. A lady persuaded me to take out a subscription for 6 copies.

I have received my 6 paid for copies but not the free copy.

I have phoned 6 times and each time been promised that the free copy is available and will be dispatched in 7-10 working days.

I was even told that it would be sent recorded delivery.

The sales team phoned me to ask me to renew my subscription. I told them about my problem and they said they would get one delivered.

Again it did not arrive.

IDG either have staff that consistently lie or they have a serious problem with their internal systems which the staff have no inclination to investigate.

Is this a common experience ?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Please send me an email with your subscriber number and your full postal address.

I've already passed your complaint to the person concerned.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

imho PCA subs are too efficient. They were calling me something like every 6 months to offer me 3 or 4 issues for £1 and also a sister magazine at one point. Anyhow I eventually started refusing (nicely) and the phone calls have just about dried up now. Phew - I started feeling guilty.

Like this post
emmavanb

Likes # 0

Hello rtwoi,

If you could please email me (or our forum Editor) your address, I can get your free copy out to you. I will also make sure we don't send you any issues you already have so if you could please specify which issue you would like to receive.

My apologies that your free issue has not shown up. We have not had that many complaints that free copies have not shown up. I have raised your complaint with our subscription bureau (who sent out all free copies on PC Advisor's behalf) to see whether they can shed any light on why your copy has not shown up.

My email address is [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks, Emma van Beurden

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

By way of an update to Emma's last post.....

We regret to say that we are unable to send you the May edition of the magazine, because all copies in the print run have now gone. Emma has arranged for you to receive an additional two copies at the end of your current subscription - I hope that is an acceptable alternative.

You should shortly receive a letter of confirmation from our subscriptions bureau.

Like this post
rtwoi

Likes # 0

I have previously replied to this but for some reason the response has not been recorded. Yes the copies at the end of my subscription will be an acceptable alternative. I look forward to receiving the letter of confirmation from the subscriptions bureau.

I would still like an explanation of 1. Why I did not receive my free copy the 6 times I was told it was on its way. 2. Why no one was empowered to escalate my complaint and 3. Why no one thought it was an issue that required some investigation.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Not wishing to offend but it's getting a bit pedantic now isn't ? You have had an apology and a good offer. You had the paid for mags without a problem. How about closing the thread now ?

Like this post
rtwoi

Likes # 0

I am pleased to say that I have received the letter of confirmation (while I was on holiday) dated 10/9/2011. I do not think it appropriate to close the thread until the issues I have raised have been resolved.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The issues have been resolved. You were offered two free copies of the magazine, and you said that was acceptable. You've confirmed that you have received the letter of confirmation from our subscriptions bureau - what else is there to resolve?

Like this post
rtwoi

Likes # 0

The issues to be resolved are: 1. Why I did not receive my free copy the 6 times I was told it was on its way. 2. Why no one was empowered to escalate my complaint and 3. Why no one thought it was an issue that required some investigation.

Any complaint resolution process should have two main elements: a. If the customer has a genuine cause for complaint this should be resolved to their satisfaction. b. What needs to be done to ensure that the root causes of the complaint are eliminated.

Feel free to ring me so I can elaborate.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm sorry, but nobody will be calling you so you 'can elaborate'. This isn't a court of law, we're talking about a single missed copy of a magazine. As iscanut has said, you've received an apology, and an offer which you've accepted - there's no need to try to make more of it than there was.

The matter has been resolved as far as we're concerned.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK