We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Earth Installation

Dannyb
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have several times downloaded and installed Google Earth onto my desktop running Windows 7 but each time, after installation, I cannot find the programme to open it. It does not appear in 'All Programmes@ and there is no icon on the desktop. Can anybody help me find it? Thanks.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

My version shows in Program Files and is in the following path

C:...Program Files\Google\Google Earth\client

Hope this helps. I think when I installed it, a shortcut was placed on my desktop so not sure what is happening to your install.

Like this post  
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Same thing has just happened to me. As iscanut says C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client is where the 'googleearth.exe' file is and you just need to right click on it and create shortcut. Cut and paste shortcut to your desktop. Like you I installed it several times without getting it to appear as a shortcut or even in the 'Start' menu. I had no problems with my previous installation on my other hard drive but this is a clone of of that, although previous to installing Google Earth on it.

Like this post
Dannyb

Likes # 0

Thanks iscanut and canarieslover, got it on my desktop now. Can't understand why it doesn't appear in my programmes though. Very strange.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

some clean up programes mess wih google earth, if you use ccleaner deselect the tick in the google earth option.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made