We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

iPad2 faulty?

Condom

Likes # 0

Her indoors is off on Saturday for 4 months to the far east. We got her an iPad 2 a couple of weeks ago and she has been leearning how to use it. A couple of days ago she tried the Apple plug in for her camera Sim card and 9 times out of 10 it wouldn't work and often displayed a fault message. We took it back to the shop and they re-installed all the software and after synch...ing it with her laptop it now works 9 times out of 10. I think there is still something wrong with it but the store want to book it in for repair with no chance of her getting it back before she leaves. Are we entitled either to a new machine or our money back as I really don't fancy the idea of it failing when she is overseas.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Oops!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It should have been How to reset

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Sorry I have been tardy in responding but her indoors left today and we have been pretty busy. I'm sure she will enjoy her time in the Far East and return safely in time for Xmas (Am I allowed to say that word in this context)

Her new iPad worked 100% everytime as it was supposed to do so at least that shouldn't be a problem.

With regard to the broken one I have sent a letter by Recorded Delivery to the shop manager asking that he refund me within 7 days or I shall instigate procedings in the Small Claims Court. From his previous reactions I do not expect a response. I also contacted my Bank as it was bought using my Credit Card for further protection and they are sending me a claim pack as they call it. They are quite happy with what I am doing re the threat of the Small Claims Court and I am sure that in due course I will get a refund.

Fortunately being retired I can spend time on this as basically that is all it takes as everything else is pretty straight forward to do.

I guess I just expected more from an Apple Reseller. I'll let you know in due course how things pan out.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Yesterday I received an e-mail from the the shop telling me they had received my letter and had referred it to their head office for advice. Today I received another e-mail telling me to return the faulty iPad to the shop for a full refund. I then received another e-mail from I presume their head office apologising for the manner in which I had been treated and hoped that the refund would close matters.

I went into town and got my refund from a helpful assistant but no sign of the manager!! The assistant who knew about my problem told me I had been completely in the right but that the manager would not allow him to give a refund as he was under the impresson that this was the way Apple insisted the store operated.

Anyway problem over and done with.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Well done for your perseverance. Glad all sorted.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Good news indeed. It's just a pity that you had to jump through so many hoops to get what you were entitled to all along.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK