We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Did anyone manage to nab the bargain of the year?

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 1

By which I mean a brand new £399 HP tablet for £18?

Click here to read about it

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks FE - A genuine bargain...if you can get one.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

FE. Where did you get the £18 from?

Even though, like you, I have an iPad, at that price I'd have bought one!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Did I say £18?

That really would be the bargain of the century - I meant to say £89 of course. Sorry if I raised anyone's hopes. Nevertheless, £89 for a device like this is still a bargain.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Yes, it looks like it should be a great bargain.

But related PCA articles like "WebOS: What Went Wrong?", "R.I.P HP TouchPad, we hardly knew you" and "HP TouchPads to be dumped in landfill?" don't exactly inspire confidence and make me want to go out and spend £89 on one.

Not a very good review from PCA either. It appears to be a bit "slow" shall we say.

If everyone has a similar opinion, it will have been doomed from the off.

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

I tried Curry`s this morning but nothing doing, the chap I spoke to said they knew about them but would not be having any to sell.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I tried Amazon but it told me that as all the Tablets were sold via its attached sellers the full price would still need to be paid. The person I talked with hadn't a clue about the firesale which makes me think I was probably talking with someone based in deapest India.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

These are the things they was saying the other week would replace Netbooks

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

I tried every where to get one but nobody had any left in stock by the time I saw the the price drop.

Like this post  
AL47

Likes # 0

got one from argos for 115, the 32gb one

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

AL47

What do you think of it?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...