We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Well Done Novatech/Parcelforce - or is it a sign of the times?

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

With a rush of blood to the head I decided my 5 year old system needed a transplant of essentials.

So Monday evening[15th] attempted to order on line the parts needed, but ran into difficulty because the transaction would not complete.

Tried again Tuesday morning still the same, so resorted to telephone ordering.

'When would you like delivery' asked the salesman 'Oh next week will do' said I' [thinking I ain't in no rush why pay for delivery]

Wednesday morning[17th] Ring at the Door -

Parcel Force with a big box from Novatech- Wow! and inside the invoice with Free delivery listed.

Well done you two.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I do not know why this is, but it would appear that a number of 'reliable' companies are sending out items for next day delivery at no extra cost to the customer. Amazon, Tesco Outlet, Tool Station are but three companies of many that do this, and who I use on a regular basis.

No doubt, you will get the odd complainer saying the item was delivered, when they had not expected it?.

To me personally, I am all for good customer service. At least it proves that some companies will go that extra mile for their customers, and perhaps not regard their customers as an inconvenience!.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I think the idea of paying for delivery at a specified date / time, is if you are (e.g.) at work at there is no one at home to sign for it, or for any other reason you will not be at home for normal delivery time, you pay for a special delivery service.

You can also arrange for it to be delivered to your local post office for a sum of £0.50p if it is not suitable for you to wait at home for delivery.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features