We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Currys repair?

mhider

Likes # 0

Hey, has anyone on here had a laptop repaired by currys? I phoned them yesterday, and they said they'd pick it up tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I need to package it or not, I think the guy said I didn't, but I'm not too sure, can anyone help? Thanks

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

If you are sending it in for repair take several photos of the laptop before you send it back. It should be wrapped at least in bubble wrap to keep it safe from scratches.

He should bring a plastic box to put it in so it is safe from crushing, one other thing you can do is to get a sticky label and put any reference number on that along with your name and address.

What is the laptop going in for if you don't mind me asking.

Like this post
mhider

Likes # 0

Ahh Cheers, I was getting worried he'd turn up and I wouldnt have a box or anything to put it in. My laptop has developed a fault where the screen freezes and there are little lines across the screen, however turning it off and straight on again resolves the problem, I think there may be a cable that is slightly loose that sometimes loses connection for a second, A factory reset hasnt resolved the problem anyway. Thanks again

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Whatever you do,

make sure that before you part company with your computer you back up any important data files, and remove any personal details such as bank account information, login usernames and passwords etc.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

carver's suggestion of taking photos of your laptop before sending it back is a sensible idea but make sure the photos are date stamped.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch release date, price and specs: Hands-on and pictures

IDG UK Sites

How to improve iPhone battery life, what to do if your iPhone battery is running low

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes