We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How good/fast is argos when purchasing online and awaiting to arrange delivery-any bad experiences?

theDarkness

Likes # 0

I bought a washing machine at the start of the month, and the website stated (after taking my money immediately on purchase) that they would contact me to arrange a date for delivery. Its now coming up to the 16th - they said they would contact before then. I obviously have a couple more days to go, but I didnt think it take until this exact date for a response. The item is still "in stock" for my post code, although I am wondering how often the website is updated. Yes, perhaps I am just not being patient, but after googling to find some angry customers awaiting orders a couple of months later, I am wondering now if argos was a good choice? :) I dont want to have to wait another month or two to get my purchase. If the website is wrong with it being available or not, it would seem that a refund may only be possible by calling them too-possibly another annoyance, lol

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Im not sure-alot of complaints on various forums with no items being delivered weeks on seemed to state that they used the nearest independant couriers, and when complaining to argos on the phone, that is where they put the blame, telling the customer to phone them themselves. It probably depends on where you are in the uk-im betting the further up north you are the less chance youll have of receiving, well, anything :)

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

I've had several large items delivered by Argos.............always within an hour of the promised delivery time and always preceded by a text or confirmation e-mail the previous evening and a phone call on the actual day from the driver.

Delivery has also always been notified within the 16 days or whatever the stated lead time was.

Argos are not alone with this. Many companies seem to have raised their game concerning deliveries

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

thanks for your experience-but it looks like argos need to raise their game alot more. I was actually a little cautious before ordering, thinking that it might not be a good experience, as Id never used them before. I know some people have had far worse with argos after browsing through forums, but its the worst ive had for shopping online to date.

I found out from the martin lewis website, that the argos helpline, an 0845 number, isnt premium or local, its 7p/min max, but their may be a single connection charge (up to £2.50 with some companies-im not sure what argos may charge on top, as I cant find it stated anywhere). If the shop doesnt help out and am forced to call them tomorrow I wont be happy. If I find out that I needed to contact them all along to arrange delivery from the very start, then that will at least convince me never to use them again, even if I do receive the item. On the website, AND my online order/receipt on the 4th, it stated that I would be contacted before the 16th to arrange the delivery. If having to phone them turns out to be true, then perhaps I should contact the head of the argos web department to enlighten them on their out of date website giving out false information to many customers throughout the uk. I might even get offered a job there as a result :) but perhaps I would be better off offering my services as an argos delivery driver :O lol

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

just to update- STILL havent received it, lol. I never received any call, so I had to telephone the helpline for the third or fourth time.

I was then told I would be contacted by the delivery before the friday (19th), but I never got that either. After phoning yet again, they said they would phone me back. I have now been contacted, to be told by Argos (not their delivery company) that I will have to simply wait until I receive contact by the delivery company they use, as its sometimes third party. I was sure that this argos department member that called had a slightly abusive tone, as if it was MY fault all along, but thats probably natural since most that call probably do the same with her.

ARGOS ONLINE = USELESS. LOL

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good