We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Has my web host gone missing?

keitho44

Likes # 0

Hi, Wondering if anyone knows if anything has happened to UK-Cheapest hosting? I've used them for a number of years and they've been very reliable but suddenly, without any notice, my personal domain email account has vanished and going to their website (www.uk-cheapest.co.uk) has been getting a "cannot display the webpage" response for 2 days. Particularly concerned because my business site is with them too. That site is still visible but all links to support etc in the control panel have vanished. Any news welcomed. Thanks.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Seems OK now (from South London)

Like this post
keitho44

Likes # 0

Seems OK now (from South London)

Thanks, but I'd better clarify it's the www.uk-cheapest.co.uk website (and my hosted account) I can't access, not the link that's underlined in my text - that is some advert that has attached itself to the words.

Alternatively, if you can access the uk-cheapest site from South London but I can't from Yorkshire is there some geographic issue going on?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Also from Yorkshire, Service Status Page http://www.uk-cheapest.co.uk/servicestatus.php says:

"Weekly Maintenance: All Servers - Saturday evenings from 22:00

We perform weekly maintenance to all servers on a Sunday evening between 2200 and 0400. This time has shown to be the least active period for the servers and so any maintenance will have minimal effect."

There is a 'Support' panel on the right with links to click on

and Domain Name Control Panel login ClickHere displays ok for me

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've just accessed various pages on the www.uk-cheapest.co.uk site from north Lancashire, and via my work proxy server which is somewhere in Eastern Europe (sometimes Sofia, sometimes Belgrade).

Seems to be working fine

I'd check that your ISP isn't the problem

Like this post
keitho44

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic and alan14,

I've obviously got some other problem, possibly with ISP as you say.

I'll check my antivirus system and router security too in case they've suddenly decided to block it

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Consumerwatch

from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
keitho44

Likes # 0

Hi - Cured now but here's an update for anyone getting a similar situation

I had to formally reboot my modem/router from its own software to restore access. Switching off and on was not sufficient. No idea why it did this though.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...