We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Novatech Is it me!

finerty

Likes # 0

Went to novatech to buy a case got the case no nuts. Returned the case as it was to flimsy for my liking. Anyway saw a good one, asked the chap says none in stock. So go home and only to find on their website states two available.

Here comes the bit, each time I go the reading branch I find them very iffy as in racist, now I’ve said it, and I’m sure there will be tones of you saying no there not. I have visited them four times for a variety of reasons.

The last chap I spoke to was the assistant general manager. I can’t quite understand why if it’s just a little snigger here or there.

I thought its high time I got this off my mind. Hard to prove yet I’ve been around a good while to know since I’ve seen the national front tear me down back in the 1970's to know the subtle body language of the staff at the reading branch. I wondering why I’m trying to justify something pretty trivial, I guess it’s the memories left deep within me.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

and the emotions.

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

I can't comment on your particular case, or Novatech, but I've found in my experience that any PC shops, big or small, are staffed by arrogant, bad mannered morons.

I’ve tried several independent PC shops in my area and the staff are identical, talking down to you and that’s if you can get them to acknowledge your existence in the first place. It’s no wonder a lot of them go under quickly.

Having said that, I live quite close to Overclockers in Staffordshire, so collect my bits from them and I’ve always found their counter staff good to deal with.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Novatech's head office in Portsmouth are nothing like you explained very helpful and not at all arrogant.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Am I reading Reading wright!

Like this post
elaine giles

Likes # 0

My name is Elaine Giles and I am the Director of Consumer Services at Novatech and I was very surprised to read your comments regarding the service you received at our Reading Store.

If you would like e-mail me at [email protected] I will of course be happy to discuss the matter with you.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Elaine, welcome to the Forum. I'm sure that your presence here will confirm the view that Novatech is a Company that cares for its Customers.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Echo that wee eddie.

From my past experience I was happy to recommend a friend (only last week) to go and see for himself or at least visit their website before making up his mind.

And for Elaine: I'm hopeful that a compamy founded on and still viable because of its emphasis on good customer relationships, is precisely what you intend to continue to oversee.

Like this post
elaine giles

Likes # 0

Thank you for your support, it is feedback from cucstomers like yourselves that allows us to continue to provide an excellent service :)

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

It's not you finerty. These actions are very subtle. I too have experienced this, not at Novatech, but various other places. It's so difficult to prove and if you were to complain you are told not to be so sensitive or that you have a chip on your shoulder. I would say that unless you have been on the receiving end you do not know what it feels like. I have thought about this before responding to this thread as I was concrened that I would get all sorts of ill considered responses.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite