We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Mouse Needed

Fishbox

Likes # 0

Any recommendations for a mouse,please? Corded or cordless,not for gaming,no-frills reliable model wanted for use with Desktop PC.Up to £20. Last one at budget-end of price range(Logitech RX250 optical corded) failed after under 4 months light use.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

If it's failed just phone Logitech up and they will replace it. They are one of the best manufactures with a very good after sales service.

They replaced a key board and mouse that was 2 years old with out any argument and I received one of their top of the range kit in replacement.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Wired optical mouse from Microsoft does me very well

Anything from £12 or so upwards often with free delivery from folk like Amazon, Play.com and all the rest

Intellimouse software works with them all, downloadable from Microsoft, v8 works well with Windows 7

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I have a cheapo, cheapo, "Trust" one, PS2 connection, wired and optical. Over 8 years old, works well, cost £4.50.

Absolutely no need to spend a fortune, although I would suppose £10 is now the base line to expect. If you have a PS2, Jack Socket, purple if I remember, it makes sense to use it rather than one of the USB Sockets. Also, PS2 always works in Safe Mode.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

wee eddie - Finding a ps2 mouse is quite difficult now.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I'll keep mine safe then!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There are still PS2 available, and failing that there are USB/PS2 adapters also readily available.

I have always used cheapo keyboards and mouse kits, and never really had a problems using them. Lifespans on some cheapo models seem more reliable that the far more expensive models, looking at certain forum comments.

The mouse I am using at present, and have been doing so on a daily basis for years, is a budget wireless Packard Bell C-3UP, which I think was obtained from PCW at the time.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Cheapo from Tesco with a classy blue light and a PS2 adaptor. Had it about 3 years now and I think it cost about a Fiver.

I think you'll find that most USB Mouse(s) tend to have a PS2 adaptor included.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Personally I am a fan of Microsoft mice. On my desdtops I have been using Intellipoint Explorer 2 wireless mouse for many years now, they have been reliable, very economical on batteries and very well built, When I needed a bluetooth mouse for my netbook I automatically graduated to Microsoft and bought the Bluetooth Mouse 5000, all good purchases for me.

Like this post
Fishbox

Likes # 0

Thanks all.

Like this post
jaraba

Likes # 0

link text

Have used a couple of these for a while now and so far no problems.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED