We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Student teacher software

Diemmess
Resolved

Likes # 0

Am considering buying Acrobat Pro 9 to solve (at a price) several problems connected with PDF. Searching for best price among trusted suppliers the Student or Teacher packages are attractive, but "require proof" of an academic use.

How rigously are these applied? I would qualify over village charities and publishing, but the last thing I want is to spend money on software which cannot be registered.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

An engineer at work is doing an OU course and applied and got Windows 7 Ultimate for £60 or so he said. They will check the details of your course etc. thoroughly.

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

It's all here acrobat conditions now it's up to you. I didn't go any further but the very cheap student deals from microsoft require a university email address or similar, for instance full office proffessional for £38 Microsoft Office for students. My son uses it and it is permitted to use a Laptop and Desktop for the primary user. Perhaps someone can reccommend a free PDF that will suit your needs?

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Thank you all for your contributions.

They confirm what I had meanwhile learned for myself. The licence is clearly dependant on proof of elligibility - full stop.

bugle: I have a current thread running about suitable freebies, but didn't want to confuse matters with a link to the theme of freebie Acrobat Pro look-a-likes. Will try harder in that sphere!

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look at this, PDF X-change

I use the free version only to read PDFs so I don't know about the pro version. Looks like you can trial it.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

You could try link text

Like this post
john 52

Likes # 0

school search

Taken from website as hondaman has suggested

Parents, grandparents and guardians: If you are a parent or guardian or have a grandson or granddaughter for whom you would like to license the software, then you can purchase the software. The main requirement to purchase is that the end user licensee must be a student or be a faculty member in one of our listed educational institution

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Commonsense has prevailed!

I have downloaded 'PDF995' which seems to be capable of almost anything. Blinded by all its expertise I muddled my way through and my problem was quickly solved.

Thanks for all the help.

Like this post
khanrashed110

Likes # 0

If your school does not qualify for a discount on software then you can try this company: Phoenix software. You are qualified for a discount on software as long as you have a valid email address from a UK based educational institution.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more