We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which new Netbook to buy???

jpread80

Likes # 0

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a Netbook. I currently own a rather ancient laptop and urgently need to replace it.

I have between £200-£250 to spend and would welcome any suggestions as to the best I can get for that sort of price range.

Thanks for your help/advice in advance.

Justin.

Like this post
flick

Likes # 0

I bought an Asus 1015px 3 weeks ago (now £230 at Amazon) chosen because it has an Atom N570 processor good battery life as well as all the usual netbook features.It looks nice and does the job I need it for.I also considered the SAMSUNG NP-N150 (£250 from Comet) You should budget an extra £15 for upgrading to 2GB ram and possibly £50 to take the operating system from Windows 7 starter to Home Premium.

However,unless you particularly want the portability of a netbook and can live with the drawbacks of small screen, keyboard and underpowered processor, then £300 could buy you a reasonable 15.6" laptop with all the extras above included.

If £250 is the most you want to pay then Argos has an Acer D255 for £230 in their sale which includes the Home Premium upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

If money is a real problem try Googling 'ebay argos outlet'. You will find Argos sell large numbers of laptops/netbooks through their site, many are 'refurbished' which usually means they were supplied on-line and returned as unsuitable so were never used. I bought an MSI Wind netbook this way last year - it came with a full 12 months warranty - and it works faultlessly. It cost me £149 and is a superb netbook. Take a look.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK