We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop with 32 bit OS

trl_path

Likes # 0

I need a new laptop that, among other things, has to run a laser cutter.

In order to do this it has to have a 32 bit windows OS (ie Windows 7 32bit).

However most of the sites I've looked at only supply windows 64bit with their laptops. Has anyone any advice on where I can get laptops with 32 bit windows on them?

Like this post
qbie

Likes # 1

Toshiba laptops sometimes come with a recovery disc in the box which has 32-Bit Windows 7 on it, so you can install that rather than the preinstalled 64-Bit version, worth looking into.

Otherwise, even if the laptop comes with 64-Bit preinstalled, if you have access to a 32-Bit Windows 7 Disc, you can use the product keycode on the bottom of the machine to install it. Just make sure you make a backup of any recovery discs you may need in the future if you ever need to contact any technical support to troubleshoot any problems, and check the manufacturers website for 32-Bit drivers.

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Dell Vostro laptops for small and medium business

http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/laptops.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=bsd&~ck=mn#facets=65235~0~505203&p=1

Like this post
Zak

Likes # 0

Re above -

Dell Vostro Laptops

Link should be

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

You can run Win XP, or any other OS via Virtual Box. I had a problem with a scanner and this was a perfect solution and it's free

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow