We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with a PC purchase.

Blatant

Likes # 0

I'm not the most tech savvy fellow around and I just want to know if this is a rip-ff. If any of these brands are super unreliable, or something. It feels too cheap to be true.

AMD Quad Core 3.2Ghz Desktop with GIGABYTE Motherboard, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB SATA2 Hard Drive, 24X DVD Burner and Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

For 600 dollars.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Not enough info.Model numbers and a link to the site would be helpful.

Like this post
Blatant

Likes # 0

With the 8GB of ram it's actually closer to 700, the top one. link text

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

What do you want to do with the PC?

The graphics card is poor!

As for value I live in the UK so it's hard to say.Here in the UK just a quick search on each item Graphics card,Memory,Hard drive,Case with Power supply,Processor,CD/DVD drive,Motherboard & window7 home premium 64bit comes to approx £412.

Possibly you could get it cheaper with a bit more searching.

Obviously with no return to base warranty

Like this post
Blatant

Likes # 0

What about the one below it, the 850 dollar one?

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Just done a currency conversion $700 = £435 so good value.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

For graphic card gaming performance look HERE

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

I have at the Nvidia GTX260 which plays all my games without problems. The ATI Radeon HD6670 1GB DDR5 is above that in the link above.

Like this post
Blatant

Likes # 0

So is $850 a good value for the second one?

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Yes I would say £528 is a fair price

Like this post
Blatant

Likes # 0

Alright. Next paycheck I'll swing by and see about getting that. Thanks for your help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more