We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can I split a recording on a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EX89EB?

Valkyrie01

Likes # 0

How can I split a recording on a Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EX89EB? I sometimes forget to stop a manual recording so want to remove the excess.

Like this post

Likes # 0

If you look in the manual you should find a section about playlists. This describes how to use the sub menu on the remote to split your recording into chapters

Split the recording as you go along into chapters, starting a new chapter each time you come to a point at which you want to delete a section. Start another chapter at the end of that section. When you've finished, delete the chapters containing the bits you no longer want to keep

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Or,

Manual Click here

Pages 42 Editing titles/chapters

and 43 Divide Title

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

I think mine is very similar as are most Panasonic products. You don't need to split it - you need to Edit, Partial Delete

Presuming you want to remove 2 mins at the start, 2 mins at the end and x number of commercial breaks proceed as follows :

Bring up your recorded programmes listing using the Direct Navigator Highlight the one you want to chop Press the Option button Select Edit Select Partial Delete When screen changes, you will be dumped into a small window playing the programme with some options to the right and a time bar below. Pause the recording using the normal buttons. Press the |> 4. When you are there press the OK button (make sure it still says "END". The menu option will move to "NEXT" 5. If this is the only portion you want to delete you can move it to "FINISH", otherwise Press OK to delete the section, then confirm "YES" with the OK button 6. You will now be dumped back into the edit screen at the place you deleted to 7. Use the > to find the next section you want to delete then start the subroutine at no 1. again. If you want to delete the overrun, find the end of the programme then press OK at the start of the portion then press >>| to get quickly to the end, then press OK to signify the "END" then move to "FINISH" and press OK again.

Hope this helps.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Well. that copy & Paste didn't go too well. It looks a bit nonsensical. Attempting a Paste again, it doesn't really like it but with some fiddling I've got a sort of list with LIST ITEM which appear as numbered line in the edit box, so see what happens when I post. Had a rething and replaced all the LIST ITEM with HORIZONTAL RULE. Errrmmmmm . . .

Bring up your recorded programmes listing

Highlight the one you want to edit

Press the Function button

Select Edit

Select Partial Delete

When screen changes, you will be dumped into a small window playing the programme with some options to the right and a t ime bar below.

Pause the recording using the normal buttons.

Press the |>

1. When you are there press the OK button (make sure it still says "END". The menu option will move to "NEXT"

1. If this is the only portion you want to delete you can move it to "FINISH", otherwise Press OK to delete the section, then confirm "YES" with the OK button

1. You will now be dumped back into the edit screen at the place you deleted to

1. Use the > to find the next section you want to delete then start the subroutine at "Pause the recording" again.

If you want to delete the overrun, you can find the end of the programme, press OK at the start of the portion then press >>| to get quickly to the end, then press OK to signify the "END" then move to "FINISH" and press OK again.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

his may help you. An PDF of youur manual

link text

Terry

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

What you need is on P.48

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)