We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to choose a Laptop

Cara2

Likes # 0

With a £400 - £500 budget I am starting with the processor, although I know it is only part of any consideration. It will be used for business, displaying scopes and graphs. They all have 17.5 screens.

Which of these two is worth consideration (all have 4gb Memory) :

Intel® Core™ i3 (this comes with Intel GMA X4500M 512 MB DDR3)

or

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core with one of the following:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

Intel® GMA HD Graphics

Integrated Graphics Card

Is this enough information to gleam any advice from?

Thanks.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

For scopes and graphs I would have thought that graphics performance would be important to you. Take a look at this link and you can compare the HD chip against the standard chip. As far as the processor is concerned the i3 is one of the latest series, albeit the cheapest out of 13, i5 and i7 - all in this series are at least dual core.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added