We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is there a combined audiobook reader and radio

sheila.weston
Resolved

Likes # 0

I would like to listen to an audio book while lieing in bed. Is there such a thing as one which has a radio incorporated?

Our local library has a selection of audio books which one can download and I thought that they would be a good idea for using on the odd occasion when I can't sleep.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I have an earlier version of that Scanaclip and use it to listen to recorded R4 programs from my computer. It's quite useful while pushing a wheelbarrow round the field as a radio tends to keep cutting in and out. I don't use the earbuds but prefer a small set of Sony headphones.

Like this post
sheila.weston

Likes # 0

Many thanks, Onionskin. I have now taken the plunge and bought an ipod - thought I ought to know what they were, in any case! Yes, you are right about listening to an audio book. I downloaded Kafka's Metamorphosis onto my laptop. Very quickly I found myself listening to it while I was doing something else, when it was fine, but I have survived only the first half.

I'll mark this thread as resolved, if I can find where the button for that has gone - or perhaps there isn't one now. Thanks all.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room