We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Mesh computer not working.

gerwaybob

Likes # 0

My new Mesh computer will not start up, I have checked the monitor keyboard & mouse so the problem has to be in the tower unit. Mesh obviously not responding but neither are PC Peripherals. I paid by credit card, do you think I should continue to attempt a response from PC Peripherals, or try claiming from the credit card bearing in mind everything arrived but it doesn't work?

Like this post

Likes # 0

Date of purchase?

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Can you give us some more information as to exactly what happens when you try to start it?

Can you hear it power up? Any "beeps"? etc. The more information you can give will help in diagnostics.

With Mesh having been taken over, you would be better off trying to fix it than trying for a refund, in my opinion.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Are you saying that the computer has never started up, or that it has just stopped working?

Like this post
gerwaybob

Likes # 0

I am saying the computer has never stated up. When switched on the fan starts also the fan for the processor, two lights show on the motherboard, a green one which stays on and a red one which does a slow flash. There are no beeps or any sound coming from the hard drive.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

.They went into administration on 31st May, so I presume that you received yours before that.. Are you saying that you waited until now to post about it?

Like this post
gerwaybob

Likes # 0

Yes. It was 10 weeks coming, a lot longer than their specified 14 working days. When it did arrive I was busy with various issues so didn't unpack it for seven weeks, then spent time trying to get a response from Mesh not realising they were in receivership.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

If you paid for it by credit card you can, if PC Peripherals fail to honour the guarantee, claim under S.75 CCA.

You need to send a letter to each, by Special Delivery, notifying them of the fault and advising that you want a refund Click Here

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

Sorry, link did not work. Try again Click here

Like this post
gerwaybob

Likes # 0

Thank you for the link, although I know I should have rights it is good to be able to point to them in black and white. Still no response from PC Peripherals by any means, I spoke to the administrator last Monday who said they would have a new phone number for them for this coming week, if that fails I will start sending the letters out.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...