We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

hotel in london

iqs

Likes # 0

Hi,

I would finally like to visit London,but because I have not been there before,I'm not sure where the best place to locate a Premier Inn ?

I am looking for a hotel which will allow me to see the sights that London had to offer,ideally walking distance.

Any advice is appreciated ,thanks

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

iqs. London is large, very large, no Hotel is going to be in walking distance of more than a few of the sights that you might want to visit.

London has it's own Tourist Board and there are organised Tour Buses, some open topped, that give a Conducted Tour of the City with a recorded commentary available. I would suggest one of these for your first day and you could then decide on any other sites that you might wish to visit as a spin off from that.

An Hotel that close to the Tour Bus Route would be a good move. Contact london's Tourist Board for more information.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Premier Inn London County Hall is the most central and an easy walk for Parliament, South Bank and the West End

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

bremner is right about the County Hall Premier Inn being only a short walk (across a bridge) to The Houses of Parliament. You could also walk to Buckingham Palace from the hotel, although that's about a mile further.

In truth no hotel is going to be good for all the places you want to visit, as wee eddie has said.

As someone who has spent half a lifetime living and working in London my advice is to go to the County Hall hotel and use public transport to get you around. There are hundreds of buses, and the London Underground covers the whole City and out to the suburbs.

Enjoy your trip, and feel free to come back to your thread if you want any more advice.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

You don't say if you are travelling solo or group (family),book early for good deals and consider your pricing limits. link text link text link text

If you use public transport i would suggest either a Travelcard to use on Tube and Buses (important),any time, or oyster card,no need to register but fares are cheaper. As a night bus driver i think those late evening or early morning journeys are a terrific way of viewing an alternate London.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"As a night bus driver i think those late evening or early morning journeys are a terrific way of viewing an alternate London."

I couldn't agree more - I think Central London is at its absolute best just after Dawn on a bright summer's morning. I can say that because last year I had to do some work that entailed being on a film location in a London Park for a few days, starting at 4:30 a.m. It was magical driving along familiar, normally crowded streets with relatively few people about.

Not quite so magical driving back in the middle of the afternoon rush.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia