We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New pc help/advice

Kburton11

Likes # 0

Hello all,first off thanks for taking the time to look at my post.

Ok, to get on topic, i am looking to buy a new pc and have seen one i am interested in. I don't have a great deal of money at the moment, but i am looking to buy a pc i can use now for some light(i think) gaming, but i want one that i can upgrade later on.

Anyway the pc i saw was: http://www.medion.com/gb/electronics/prod/MEDION%C2%AE+AKOYA%C2%AE+P4303+D+%28A508%29+%28REFURBISHED%29/210014415?category=gradeb&pAction=2829658442136581412&wtmc=uk.extern.pricecom.shopzilla.komdat&wt_cc3=shopzilla

The only games i am really interested in are:

9dragons Battle of immortals Dekaron (when released) Age of wulin

The computer i have now is ok at running these games, the first one with ease and the 2nd and 3rd with mid range graphics. My computer atm only has a 256 mb g card and i have something like 768 ram(One of them stopped working for some reason). Is it safe to presume that the computer i posted will run these games quite nicely? I won't be playing call of duty or crysis. I have my xbox for those sort of games lol.

Any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
Kburton11

Likes # 0

also, would my old monitor work with this computer, It's max res is 1024x768.

I forgot to put in my budget also, which is 300-500 max for now but in future i can upgrade this pc.

Like this post
Lio

Likes # 0

That computer should run those games ok, and the monitor should also be ok.

Like this post
Kburton11

Likes # 0

Ok thanks for that answer, could you also tell me if that computer is upgradeable, i know how to upgrade if the parts are in front of me, but i don't know which computers can be upgraded or the which parts should be upgraded.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

Unfortunately there is no indication of which make and model of motherboard is being used in this PC. Without knowing this it is difficult to suggest what upgrades can be made.

Like this post
Kburton11

Likes # 0

Ok thanks, would it still be worth buying this pc then? if you look at the games i posted would this pc run them smoothly. Here are the min and recommended requirements:

9Dragons Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP/Vista CPU:Pentium 3 1GHz or higher Pentium 4 2.4GHz or higher Memory: 512MB or 1GB
Video Card: GeForce MX or higher GeForce FX5900 128MB or higher
Connection 56k modem: (dial-up) or greater DSL/Cable or greater

Battle of immortals

Recommended Specifications: OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 CPU: Pentium 4 2 GHz or better RAM: 1024 MB (1GB) or more HDD: 4 GB Free Graphics Card: GeForce 6600 GT or better

Dekaron

Recommended Specification: OS: Windows XP/ 2000 / Vista CPU: 2.4 Ghz Intel P4 or equivalent RAM: 1024 MB (1GB) RAM HDD: 2.1 GB Free Space Graphics Card: GeForce FX5900 128MB or higher

Age of wulin

This will take some guess work by wathing this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNd7JOqA44g

Like this post
Lio

Likes # 0

Those games will run ok on your spec

Like this post

Likes # 0

Don't buy a refurbished computer

There is always a reason

Buy new, with a full warranty

Like this post
Kburton11

Likes # 0

Ok if not a refurb how about this one:

CPU and Memory:

•AMD Phenom II six core X6. •Processor speed 2.6GHz. •4GB DDR3 RAM

Hard drive:

•500GB SATA hard drive.

DVD optical drives:

•Dual layer.

Graphics:

nVIDIA GeForce 315 graphics card with 512MB memory.

Interfaces and connectivity:

•10 USB ports. •1 HDMI port. •Wired keyboard and mouse. Operating system & software:

•Microsoft Windows 7 Premium

Argos are asking £399.99 is it worth it? and what monitor do i need to buy? oh and the motherboard allows for the graphics card to be upgraded as well as the ram

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July