We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Consumer Advice

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tablet or not Tablet, that is the question

BaboonBoy22

Likes # 0

I need to replace my laptop, I don't do that much with it, just watch movies, surf the net extra when I'm away. The main thing I want it for is to sync my iphone. As everything is about touch at the moment (plus I want to play with a touchscreen), I would like to get either a touchscreen netbook or a tablet.

Now I'm guessing I will have to go for a windows tablet, as I assume there is no way of running iTunes on an Android device. But there are loads out there and all with mixed reviews. The key thing is battery life, around 6hrs at an absolute minimum. So does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks guys :)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

A tablet is not a laptop replacement. Do you play DVD's to watch movies? If so I would go for a replacement laptop. Personally I don't consider a tablet to be a stand-alone device eg an iPad needs to sync with a desktop or laptop. Windows on a tablet is poor (see all the reviews). There are some good article about this subject on this site. There was a good artcile in the latest PCA magazine about the merits of a laptop compared to a tablet (laptop wins).

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

The new software iOS5 for the iPhone / iPad / iTouch, being released in the autumn, means it will no longer need to be sync'd with a computer.

You would not be able to sync an iPhone with any tablet currentlt available.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'